Thoughts please

Post your bevel drive twin cylinder FOR SALE and WANTED ads in this space......
Paul Croft
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Thoughts please

Post by Paul Croft »

Hi all, I acquired my late brothers 2 Ducati's, back in 2016. One is a 1980 Darmah SD, the other is a 78 SS. They were both in a sorry state, but I got his old Darmah up and running/mot'd, for a rememberance get together a year later. To do this I had to strip the engine, replace the oil pump (£400)!, honed the bores, new rings, valve guides, swinging arm bushes and spindle, etc,etc. The valve/desmo timing needs doing properly. I used the SS as a donor bike for brake parts, carbs, conti's, and other bits and pieces. I know the SS's are worth more, so I am thinking, do I get the SS up and running in a sound mechanical condition, or keep the Darmah as it is, and sell the SS as parts. You know where I'm going with this, many options. Or do I sell as a job lot. The SS Speedline wheels are totaly u/s, but other than that, and an after market swinging arm, it's all fairly good really. A twin/single seat.
What would you do, I do have time on my hands,but I could also be tempted with an offer. I will put some pics up if any interest. Cheers, Paul.
[email protected]
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Thoughts please

Post by BevHevSteve »

please do NOT part out that SS..... Get it together and pass it on to someone who will restore and ride it please.....
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Bevel Drive Twins”