Another Darmah changed hands

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
Willemd
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Another Darmah changed hands

Post by Willemd »

Hi again, I already registered a few weeks ago and soaked up all information available. This is a great site for bevels.
I just bought a Darmah SD 1981, Engine 901886DM860, framenumber DM860SS901855.
Does that make sense?

I think it does but reading all numbers and years in Ian Falloon's book I got a bit confused. Then again, he mentioned a couple of times that during 79-81 a few mistakes have been made at Ducati with engine/frame numbers.

The bike is being packed in a crate at the moment and I look forward to it's arrival in Alice Springs, NT, Australia somewhere next week. Never had a Duc before, I am 53 and thought to myself, why wait any longer?

Catch you later!
Willem 8)
Craig in France
Paso 906

Darmah frame and engine numbers

Post by Craig in France »

Hi Willem

Congrats on your new acquisition. As to frame and engine numbers, go look at the register in the Virtual Museum section of Steve's site at www.bevelheaven.com - it's under Data Index. That will give you an idea of where your bike fits.

Ian's info about engine and part numbers is very good, but the fact that the factory has been thru so many changes of ownership can mean it's not infallible. For example, Ian isn't spot on about the frame numbers of the first batch of my bike, the 79 SS Darmah.

HTH

Ciao

Craig in UK
Willemd
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Willemd »

Thanks for your reply Graig, very helpful indeed. I am amazed of all the information available on this site, just downloaded and printed the Darmah SD workshop manual, I will be prepared for when the beast arrives next week!

Catch you later!
WillemD

Return to “The Rumour Mill”