1980 900SS- Black and Gold

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
motochadzi
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

1980 900SS- Black and Gold

Post by motochadzi »

I bought this bike from a guy in the Seattle area 2 years ago. I will post or send pictures to those who are fans of this model. Couple of odds and ends that I am looking for:

-Information on the Ducati Dealership in Portland, Oregon (where I was told the bike was first purchased). I would LOVE to own a plate frame from this dealership! I called motocorsa, which is the main Ducati dealership in Portland, and they didn't have info that went back that far. Arun, their manager is GREAT... he has helped me out a few times.

-I have these really uncomfortable, but cool looking grips. They are Maguras, and are a burnt orange color, with NO PADDING. I want to keep them, but want something more comfortable; any recommendations?

-I would love to know if there is a registry with list of 900SS owners.

-I've toyed with the idea of getting an alternate tank, and side covers, to have a Silver/Blue option. Anybody know where I can get a reasonable deal? I like the unrestored, with some character look :-)

I lust after the early 70's 750 SS, with the Red and Black "Z" paint design. Anyone have a decent sales lead for a well running, semi or unrestored example? Those MV Brutale's are tempting though... I might have to sacrifice my 750 dream for one...

Thanks,

Chad Scott
Grants Pass, Oregon
Go Red Wings!

Return to “The Rumour Mill”