The 125's gone but not forgotten

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
ducatistaincallito
Mariana

The 125's gone but not forgotten

Post by ducatistaincallito »

Long before the dazzling Cagiva Mito -right around the age of the bevelheads - a 125 cc monoscocca beauty caused dysrrhythmias and palpitations of various degrees in the heart of teenagers that like me grew up in Italy in the seventies - the Aspes Juma monoscocca. The Minarelli engine could be heard and recognized a mile and half away as the doppler wave spread in the wind. Much like that of an F1, 750 ss, MV agusta could be discerened amidst a million voices the Aspes would zing and roar to the four winds letting you know of her illustrious pedigree (multiple times Italian champion in just about any event) well before you had even spotted it. In remembering the emotions of a bike I now own and cherish, I want to welcome those of you who grew up like me with the motherly denial for a street racer, to remember the bike of your childhood and or teens and if you have the time to write a two liner with your thoughts to the regard. We all, more or less have achieved our professional goals, in my case work keeps me busy the whole day not to mention week......the relief of riding becomes a mandatory and intense moment of egoistic pleasure that somehow throws me back in a dimension long gone but not forgotten. Throw in your memories, we weren' t born riders......we became !!!!
Ciao a tutti,
Ducatistaincallito (ducatista to the end!).

Return to “The Rumour Mill”