SSD vs SD

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
PaulMac
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Can't figure out what mine is.....

Post by PaulMac »

It has the fairing, the side covers with rear cut out, 40mm Del Orto's, 6 bolt front disks (perforated) and frame number 953125. Date stamp is 10/82. Homologation DGM 19139 OM. Engine Number is 907002

Anybody have some idea?

Here are some early pics:
http://s922.photobucket.com/albums/ad68/ggiantid/

More pics added today 5/11/09

I'll take some more detailed photo's if anyone wants to tell me what to capture.

Cheers

Paul
Last edited by PaulMac on Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

most of the later Sd's had SSD parts as they were just thrown together from left over parts

I dont htink there were any SSD's after 81 post a pic of it
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

SD ,,,check the curvature of the front guard , SD has a more flatish guard SSD is far more rounded , Unless you have see the two side by side its hard to explain also no SSD came out with the SS style rear swing arm this was something that only the last bevels came out with
Craig in France
Paso 906

Post by Craig in France »

Hi Paul,

I'm with Martin on this one.

1. 1982 is after the normally acknowledged end of the official SDD run, and your frame number fits this - according to Ian F, who has actually studied the factory records, the last SSD frame number was 952820.

2. Also your bike has the regular SD front mudguard, as well as SD footpegs. And all SSDs had whale tail seats, i.e with the full-length fibreglass support underneath.

3. And there's something not right with the fairing. Either it's been incorrectly fitted or it's a SS one. The whole thing looks like it should be rotated upwards so that the headlamp fits more (but not completely) flush and the screen sits higher - but then the ends of the fairing would smack your knees ... And the bolt holes on the side are in the wrong place and the curves where the Desmo sticker is aren't right - yeh, reckon it's a SS fairing.

Here's a late model SSD for comparison, photo courtesy of Steve A (ignore the weird blue tint screen :) )

HTH

Craig
enforcer
Mariana

Re: SSD vs SD

Post by enforcer »

Great souce of information ...thanks

But did some SSD's come with a Kickstart and no Electric starter ?
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: SSD vs SD

Post by Craig in France »

enforcer wrote:But did some SSD's come with a Kickstart and no Electric starter ?
No. Have just pm'd you, btw.

Ciao

Craig

Return to “The Rumour Mill”