MHR Mille

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
wot
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

MHR Mille

Post by wot »

Think I'll uncover my MHR Mille, clean it up, put a battery in it, and start it for the first time in years. I’m the original owner, bought new in the crate Feb. ’87, now has 4,909 km. Speedo is that Honda thing with km in large numerals, mph in small, so the odometer must be km. Anyone have thoughts on the value today? Has the bad economy put the value of our bikes in the toilet?
wot
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Mate if your Millie is anything like this one Lookout
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... :IT&ih=005

This must put the main stream Millies around the AU$18 - 25k mark maybe things are looking up for the Millie after all.
Sit on it for 5 more years and see what it will be worth than
wot
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

MHR Mille

Post by wot »

Thanks Martin,

That bike sold today for $30,000 AU = $19,972.04 U.S. – almost $20,000 U.S. Not bad.

Looks just like mine, except it's missing original mirrors, if that means anything. Has a bar end mirror on the right side only. Says two sets of mufflers, which must be the Conti’s on it, plus the originals. I’ve got both for mine too. Also, 22,000 km vs, 4,909 on mine.

I don’t know about sitting on it another 5 years – I’m 70 now. Better get cleaning.

Is the economy in Australia in the toilet like it is here?
wot
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

The economy in Australia is still ok at the moment
got any other ducatis or parts you might want to sell?
wot
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

MHR Mille

Post by wot »

Just cleaning up my shop and garage. Built a new garage for the wife and am moving all of my stuff into the old garage. Sorting out years of junk. Have to start getting rid of things, but have to decide what goes. Lots of parts and tires, but no bevel stuff anymore. Have four Ducatis left, 1985 F1, 1985 MHR Mille, 1991 SP3, 1996 944 Monster. The F1 is a little bit apart – body work and fender is off, but everything else is functional. That F1 is a fun bike, hopped up a little, used to race it.
Go to www.bevelheaven.com then photo gallery, then pantah/modern:
the two photos at bottom right are my bikes – Monster and SP3. My email listed there is out of date.
Also have Honda dirt bikes, a Honda ice racer, Harley/Aermacchi ERS, Trackmaster Triumph Trident flat tracker, and a Manx 500.
wot
abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin »

Keep me in mind if you ever want to get rid of the F1 for a reasonable price, if there is such a thing these days.

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada
Rossco27
Mariana

Post by Rossco27 »

sheesh....i bid 14k on a mille earlier this year and it sold for a hundy more (i couldnt get to the auction!)...and thats NZD now there is another here in NZED they are asking 24k (prob read this post!) and its not mint...

im give myself another kick for selling mine years ago.....the poor mans option will have to be to get a S2 and make it a MHR????

chur
Kickaha
Diana

Post by Kickaha »

Rossco27 wrote:sheesh....i bid 14k on a mille earlier this year and it sold for a hundy more (i couldnt get to the auction!)...and thats NZD now there is another here in NZED they are asking 24k (prob read this post!) and its not mint...
I've been to look at that one and think that it is well over priced I bought mine in NZ for $15,700NZ last September, but I do think I got a bargain
Eat Right
Stay fit
Die anyway
Peter Mille
750 SS Greenframe - the holy grail

Post by Peter Mille »

Prices of decent MHR's are rising fast lately....
Rossco27
Mariana

Post by Rossco27 »

hey abmartin

you could always try and find an F3 400 and put a bigger motor in, they are all F1 750 besides the forks and engine....

kickaha

yeah good price mate....the guy with the 24k mille apparently had another one in his shed? and i know of one in japan that would have been resonable before the nzed dollar turned into rupiah.....

Return to “The Rumour Mill”