Insurance for your unregistered Ducati (Australia only)

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Insurance for your unregistered Ducati (Australia only)

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Didn't know where to post this so here will have to do

Insurance who's got cover of there unregistered Duke be it striped down or complete ???

Normally I don't talk about insurance much as they are all the same!!! or are they? Since I work for NRMA I never gave it a thought about phoning them as there cover is always to expensive bla bla bla , my other bikes are with Shannon's, and when I asked them about cover I was told that even when the SSD is fully restored 13k max is all they were going to give me. Another patrol man told me why dont you give nrma vintage car insurance a call WHO ???
anyway cut a long story short a SSD turned into a SS for 20k insured unregistered came to AU$98 that is for staff normal was $120 odd 20k nor worries at all and when she is on the road up to 24k cover for around $560 sold me I said

Just goes to show shop around and get the best deal
http://www.nrma.com.au/car-insurance/ve ... ndex.shtml
Vince
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Post by Vince »

I have my Laverda with them,the only restrictions are no commuting,its a fantastic resource,I ride it preity hard and for about $300 its covered for $10k,well worth it
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Martin, thats an interesting story. Here is one for you from my my neck of the woods. I have had my GT insured since I bought it over five years ago, even though it has been apart most of that time. With a multi-vehicle discount, good driver, low miles, etc. my overall premium is actually cheaper with the motorcycle on the policy. It definitely pays to shop around.
xpiotos52
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Insurance for your unregistered Ducati (Australia only)

Post by xpiotos52 »

Martin Mille / SSD wrote:Didn't know where to post this so here will have to do

Insurance who's got cover of there unregistered Duke be it striped down or complete ???

Normally I don't talk about insurance much as they are all the same!!! or are they? Since I work for NRMA I never gave it a thought about phoning them as there cover is always to expensive bla bla bla , my other bikes are with Shannon's, and when I asked them about cover I was told that even when the SSD is fully restored 13k max is all they were going to give me. Another patrol man told me why dont you give nrma vintage car insurance a call WHO ???
anyway cut a long story short a SSD turned into a SS for 20k insured unregistered came to AU$98 that is for staff normal was $120 odd 20k nor worries at all and when she is on the road up to 24k cover for around $560 sold me I said

Just goes to show shop around and get the best deal
http://www.nrma.com.au/car-insurance/ve ... ndex.shtml

G'day Martin,
saw your post re insurance and thought I'd give you my story so far.
I have Shannons multiple bike policy with 3 bikes on it- 2 with limited use and my future resto (860GTS) on what they call "laid up cover", not sure if you know about this, also included. What I would like to know, does NRMA have something similar. My premium is steep, about $1300 but I put this down to the value placed on my 750ss,(can be seen in Bevels photos). Just thought I'd run this by you. I haven't checked out the website you supplied at this stage.
Regards, Xpiotos.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Yes I do know about Shannons laid up cover where you do less than 5000kms per year and from memory all NRMA wanted to know was if I had another mean of transport meaning that the bike was not used all the time

You are best to give them a call , as I can only speak for what cover they gave me.

One other thing if the Bike has got a compliance plate like your and mine pre 1980 not only do you get the payout but you get to keep the bike as well, mind you not that we hope this is going to happen (hope not anyways) unlike shannons where they get to keep the bike

Like I said there cover for 24k was around the AU$560 mark and depending on how much cover you needed etc etc

I will be placing all my bike with them as the deal was far better than Shannons

Good luck with it all , let us know how you get on

Return to “The Rumour Mill”