860 Bigends

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
bigus
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

860 Bigends

Post by bigus »

Hi,Just getting the hang of the site,having posted a topic in wrong place.I am just getting back into bikes after a bit of a lull in enthusiasm after 30 years of full on keenness. My topic is; does anyone have any opinions good or bad on the Chris Appleby [Essex UK]bigend conversion where he uses a BMW? car bearing in a bored out conrod.? I`m not sure if he still does it though .I had it done to my crank many years ago[Darmah Sport]and everything seemed fine ,it was a third the price of ducati OE and you did`t need to run monograde oils due to the type of bearing.Can`t remember exactly but I think the rod bore out was pretty minimal.Feedback from anyone in the uk whos used him would be good to see if this is a viable option!Docuk website is not working well at the moment so can`t access their forum or even join easily! keep`um rolling, Bigus.

Return to “The Rumour Mill”