What's the deal with the early 70's 860 GT?

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
Aussiess
Parallel Twin

Post by Aussiess »

Its interesting that you gents discuss the highs and lows of SS's and GT's , and I agree, it is really the "eye of the beholder" stuff.
i have just purchased here in OZ a nice old 75 860GT off a retired engineer who rebuild it (along with a few usual engineer overkill mods) from a box of bits.
I bought it basically to provide me with a cruiser / take it easier style of real motorcycle to take out and slow down a bit from the 900ss/MHR/NCR stlye of machine.
The values I also believe will begin to creep upwards as both speeding fines increase and speed limits here in over regulated Australia decrease(in the name of safety??).
Either way, I know i am feeling pretty good about the whole deal and look forward to more fiddling, tuning and playing around with the bike
Regards,
Grant
79 900SS , 82 MHR and 78 NCR Replica

Return to “The Rumour Mill”