MHR 1981 joins the family

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
gadaleta
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

MHR 1981 joins the family

Post by gadaleta »

Hi all
the MHR project is complete and have embaced a new member of the family, the bike started with a scratch body kit and a black frame from a S2, the bike was pulled apart and put back together in my shed with lots of late nights and black hands, came across a spray painter who matched the original colour from the underside of the tank and sprayed away.
The decal kit(which was old and came with the bike) gave us a few problems so the painter Jess painted all the lines and tank by hand.
Very happy with the result and she sounds great and rides even better, the heads turn to have a look.

thanks for your help

Paul

:-D
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

photos would be so grand..........
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Rick F
Mach 3

MHR

Post by Rick F »

I remember about 10 years ago, one week I saw a MHR that had fire damage, basically complete, for about $ 1,500 AUD, believe it or not about 3 or 4 weeks later, another MHR, came up for about $1,200 AUD, that had been in a front ender, forks bent etc, but otherwise OK.

I have been kicking myself for 10 years about it... I have always loved the look & style of the MHR.

Now if I want one............what will I pay........$ 12...$15....$20 AU

one day I will add to my collection

Rick F :?
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

http://www.bevelheaven.com/bikes4sale/r ... /index.htm here is one I just posted on my website that is for sale..........
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Rick F
Mach 3

MHR

Post by Rick F »

Beautiful machine.....they really made them works of art didn't they.

right back from the singles, they had nice lines (except the 860 & 900 gts's sorry)

750 gt & sports...750/900 ss....S2... MHR's... the effort they put into making them look pretty was unmatched by any other manufacturer.

I saw a MHR in original condition ('84) advertised in Brisbane about a year ago for $8,000 AUD .....I made a phone call about it.....sold it to the 1st caller who rang him about 5am

I may have to sell the wifes car!! :lol:

Rick
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Rick
You looking for an MHR1000 are you I might sell mine as I feel I might want a 77/78 900SS to restore one day and the Mille is not being used at all , the thought of stripping it for parts had crossed my mind but I just cant bring myself to do that ..
Rick F
Mach 3

MHR

Post by Rick F »

aaaaaarrrrrrrrrgh :x

dont part it........but i would prefer the 900!

Be a little while before I can convince the wife we really need one......just getting the Gt back on the road after all this time.....spent about $5-$5,500 on it and still spending.

I think I only got away with that one because she has fond romantic memories about it!

Our very 1st date back in 1988 was to the ducati concourse at parramatta park.....must have been early December........I had picked up the GT in pieces and finally got it registered late in December that year. She was only 19 & didn't understand.

I picked her up on it to go out one night....she said she heard me coming 8) for 10 minutes before I got there.........by the time we got to where we were going, all she wanted to do was rape me!
darren nix
Diana

Post by darren nix »

grabbing the mhr and the missus, in that order, zipping down the coast to grab a coffee , watching the stares as the cafe cowboys get an eDUCATIon in motorcycling go past, and then zipping back home for some fringe benefits, just go to the bank, get some money, get the bike before he changes his mind, it took me 23 years to afford and grab a mhr from my first experience with one, it,s been everything the road tests i have read said it would be like, but then so have most of the ducks i have had, it,s better than buying an investment property, life is to short.

Return to “The Rumour Mill”