A Cucciolo dilemma

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.

How should I restore my Cucciolo?

Keep the bike none standard as featured in the Ducati catalog, black silver
No votes
Return it to factory standard colour, pale grey
100%

Total votes: 4

Paul
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

A Cucciolo dilemma

Post by Paul »

I've managed to aquire a 1955 Cucciolo that is in need of restoration. If you look at page 10 of the Standard catalog of Ducati motorcycles (2004 edition) by Ian Falloon, my bike is the actual bike photographed there.
Should I restore it to how it looks now - none standard black frame and silver tank etc. or return it to original factory colours. Pale grey all over. I have some well preserved spare forks etc so can get a good colour match.
Peter Mille
750 SS Greenframe - the holy grail

Post by Peter Mille »

I think you should restore the bike to your own taste, even if you like it to be, let's say purple!
I don't care about originality, as long as it looks good!
Rick F
Mach 3

Post by Rick F »

Yeah, I don't know....

What are you going to do with it?

If it is just for show/concourse etc, with an occasional ride, I personally would go as original as possible.... It will always be worth more that way, score better points....be more of a point of interest....probably be easier to sell if you need/want to.

I am doing a 750GT at the moment, and am not really too concerned, because I am going to register it & ride it every weekend. I am not going to show it, so I want it to be user friendly!

I am keeping all the original bits, & still looking for any I don't have, so, in the future, when I'm about 60, it will give me something to do!

Regards
Rick F
duck-a-tye
Mariana

Post by duck-a-tye »

Unless it really needs, and I mean REALLY needs restoreing, I'd I'd leave it as is!

remember any bike can be restored a 100 times if you want to, but it will only be original condition once!!!!

Barry

Return to “The Rumour Mill”