Condor A-350

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
colride
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Condor A-350

Post by colride »

I am looking at buying a Swiss Army Surplus Condor A350. It is a Ducati bike made in 1973 and stamped with the Swiss Condor logo. It currently runs but I don't want to buy it unless there are parts around for this engine and bike. Does anyone know anything about this bike and serviceability?
motomerle
Mariana

I just posted a coupd of picture of one in the photo gallery

Post by motomerle »

How much were you planning on paying? There's a one near me for sale but the guy want's way too much: $3,000. I'm in New York state near Lake Placid. A friend of his picked up a couple of them at an auction in Switzerland, kept one and sold him the other. He also had a Swiss Army Steyr truck for sale. He said his friend say's it "wasn't worth to buy them anymore because they were going too high". I interpreted that as he can't buy to cheaply enough to buy on and sell the other for enough to get his free.

The one he has is also a 73 that was retired in '79, It also has a mileage log book in it's tank holder with documentation of every military mile and where it went but it's not in English. It's only got a few hundred klicks on the odometer over the last reading in the log book, so they must have been in storage a long time before coming to surplus auction.

They are not any kind of rare, you just don't see too many on this side of the pond. I wouldn't pay over $1,800 for one myself and he's been sitting on it not copming down in hopes that some sucker tourist from Lake Placid who doesn't know what it is will buy it. All parts are supposed to be interchangable with the same year Ducati 350. I've never sen a 350 Ducati but I think the external oil filter is probably not on them though as I thihk it was probably speced for military use.

It should have a set of points, high altitude jets, a spare for every lamp on the bike and a roll of baling wire in the tool compartment in a piece of foam. He's got a couple of sets of new saddlebags as well.
Konrad Räss
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Konrad Räss »

Hy I can help you with your condor parts. Have one and know it in detail. Have some spares as well. Live in Switzerland

Rgd Konrad
cavalli bianco
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by cavalli bianco »

Hallo, look at : http://condorclub.nl [the Netherlands ]

Greeting, Bert from Holland
the Netherlands

Return to “The Rumour Mill”