76 900 SS Right foot gearchange

If you need technical information or help with your early right hand gearchange 900SS engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Laverda750
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

76 900 SS Right foot gearchange

Post by Laverda750 »

Hello all

I have a 76 900SS vith right foot gearchange.
The serial numbers places it right in the middle of the 1976 production series.
Does anyone know how many of the 76 models that came this way?
All th pictures I can find has the left greacnange.
My bikes bears no marks that it has ever been any different or has been converted.

Any thoghts?

Frode
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Re: 76 900 SS Right foot gearchange

Post by wdietz186 »

Different market bikes may have used the earlier frame/cases. Does your engine have the boss cast into the case and primary cover for the cross shaft? The frame for the left shift models will have a bracket on the right side to mount the rear master cylinder at the muffler mount bracket. I converted my 77 SS back to right hand shift and had to make/weld on the bracket to mount the cyl. on the left side along with some pedal and linkage changes.
Laverda750
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Laverda750 »

I´ll try to post some pic´s tomorrow.
The rear brake cylinder is placed on the left exhaust hanger.
There is no trace of one on the right side hanger, that does not rule out that it has been conveted.
The the gearchange shaft tunnel in the engine block is blanked off.
The footpegs are custom (possibly home made) stainless steel items. The right hand one folding.
The threads in the footrest hangers are larger than M12 but smaller than M14 not standard.
I´ll try to measure tomorrow

Frode
ashleyf
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by ashleyf »

G'day. In possession of the same sort of bike, so there are least two. NO evidence of a hanger for the brake cylinder on the RHS. Was talking to Brook Henry who rebuilt this from scratch and his view that anything was possible to be built back then . Just order a bunch of RHS shift for a particular market and off the factory went to build it.
1976 900 SS. Sydney OZ.

Return to “Squarecase Right Hand Gearchange Engines > early 900SS”