350narrow case oil change

If you need technical information or help with your bevel drive Ducati single cylinder engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
wrinklygit
Mariana

350narrow case oil change

Post by wrinklygit »

Hello,just drained sump,cleaned filter & refilled oil,however dry fill capacity is given as 2.1 ltrs I have only managed to refill with about 1.5 ltrs,is this ok or am I being paranoid,I remember my old darmah would not take the full qty on oil changes.I have run the engine & let the bike stand for 24hrs,level still seems to be on the mark, mike b
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton »

Ignore the dipstick, fill thro the clutch cover with the reccomended vol, and take it from there, widecase takes more oil than narrow, the dipstick is unreliable and varies a lot with bike attitude. A lot of big ends blown thro this .
wrinklygit
Mariana

Post by wrinklygit »

thanks for the tip bob,I did have the bike on centre stand,suprising how much difference it makes doing this with wheels on the ground,bike is now refilled with correct 2.1 ltrs,as a thought is there anything against overfilling narrow case engines ie excess crankcase pressure, mike
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton »

Dont overfill, you will oil plugs and drag the clutch and foam up the oil which is bad for the supply to everything, also it will blow oil out. These little Ducks need a light touch and accuracy with everything they are demanding little beasts but I love em!!!

Return to “Single Cylinder Bevel Drive Engines > 250, 350 & 450”