Ken's 74 GT

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
Ken Shepard
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Ken's 74 GT

Post by Ken Shepard »

After 20+ years of storage... I was not sure it would ever come to life again; but it was all there in some form, so I rebuilt
the carbs,changed the oil, and fired her up. It sounded much better than it looked.

After 2+ years of efforts to transform it into sound, presentable bike.

Replaced most of the old rubber - SS spokes - Rebuilt caliper and MC - New wheel bearings F&R - Avons - Dyna ignition and much more.

Polishing on cases and wheels per "Barbarian" specs (thanks Tom). My fingers and hands are still recovering.

New chrome on headlight bucket, headers, crossover, clamps, fender braces, kickstart, shifter and brake lever

Paint is a Mopar "Tangerine Pearl". Many thanks to all who provided advise, support, and parts. A special thanks to Aaron, Willie and Denise.

No, I did not do this... While away on a two-week trip to Daytona Bike Week and the 12-Hour Sebring race, my wife decided
to express her creative talents and appreciation for the BevelHead... at least that is what she told me.
Last edited by Ken Shepard on Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

Looks great. I was thinking about a similar color scheme on my GT project... I hope mine looks as nice when I'm through!
Geoff
Parallel Twin

Post by Geoff »

Really great effort Ken; hope my 900SS looks half as good when it's finished....!
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

GT

Post by BevHevSteve »

BEAUTY! Thanks for posting the photos Ken. I am impressed.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”