piston rings 86.4

Post your bevel drive twin cylinder FOR SALE and WANTED ads in this space......
steward
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

piston rings 86.4

Post by steward »

does anybody know where on this planet you can get86.4mm piston rings
Grover
Diana

Rings

Post by Grover »

Mate, look in my post in the Garage section under square case bosch engines.
I too went down that road, first set I got were in a white box with blue "Ducati" stamped on them...do not use these, it appears that they were not heat treated correctly. The firm I dealt with here in Oz were excellent in sending me everything i needed to re-ring the engine for nicks, thats why i deal with them.
I got some genuine 86.8's of Martin as well just in case i could not get anything closer.
The ones I fitted yesterday are 86.5, a few swipes with a file to get the correct end gap and they slipped back in, will fire it up in a few weeks time when time permits.
I contacted Deeve's but as of today, 4 weeks later, i still havent heard. I do believe that some 1000cc harley rings are about the same dimensions as well.
Good luck, if you want a set of 86.5's contact Steve here at his site or Phil Hitchcock at Road and Race here in Australia
The older we get, the more toys we collect!!!
Grover
Diana

Rings

Post by Grover »

How'd ya mate, find any rings yet?
The older we get, the more toys we collect!!!
steward
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

piston rings 86.4

Post by steward »

yes i did find replacements thanks, had to go half way round the world though but road and race in Oz sorted me out, also deves and domi racer could have found some for me, shame that we can't get any closer to home maybe we either don't ride our bikes as much or we don't thrash the bejesus out of them, thanks to all for their help

Return to “Bevel Drive Twins”