scarab alternatives?

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
tony
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

scarab alternatives?

Post by tony »

Hi

My 1974 GT with Scarab brakes is in need of fixing / junking

If I use a Brembo or Lockheed master cylinder will this be compatible ( and a big improvement) over the current crap set-up? Would a reconditioned Scarab master cylinder improve things. Or is going to Brembo disks, calipers, and master cylinder the best way to reduce velocity of the bike?

More interested in being able to stop rather than retaining any originality of the bike.

TIA
Tony
1974 GT
1976 900ss
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Tony , if you cant source a new one ,why not send yours into a brake place have them a S/steel leave inserted , they will give it new seals and from the outside you will never know and will last longer than what you had.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

not a problem, brembo 12mm master cylinder and brembo P108 caliper, lastly a stainless steel brake line from the master cylinder direct to the caliper. Galfer greens for brake pads. The new master cylinder comes with a micro switch for your brake light. I stock everything www.shop.bevelheaven.com in the BRAKES section. Oh, you also need a caliper bolt and shim kit from us to make it work as your original bolts are too long and will lock against your rotor.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Chris Bushell
Parallel Twin

Post by Chris Bushell »

Have fitted this to my 74 GT and the system works great, just need a 2nd disc!

Chris
tony
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

thanks

Post by tony »

many thanks to all for the input - gotta try something as my brain is overloaded using a right hand race shift pattern gear change without learning to use a rear brake at the same time

love these engines though.

cheers
tony
1974 GT
1976 900ss
abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin »

It could be worse. Two of my bikes are right shift, two are left. Of the right shift ones, one is one up, three down the other is one down, three up. Major concentration required at shift time, particularly when starting out for the day.

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada
duck-a-tye
Mariana

Post by duck-a-tye »

Hi

My sport has twin discs with Brembo calipers and a gold Brembo master cylinder. I'm totally happy with this setup, works well.

Tomo

Return to “Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop”