Frame

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Frame

Post by Gum »

Gday, can someone email me a pic of a bare frame on a 750 sport, and the weight if we know it. Thanks Gum

[email protected]
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

weight is 50 lbs
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Wow

Post by Gum »

Wow, 22 KGs, thats light, thanks Gum
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Pain

Post by Gum »

Sorry, to be a pain, but can I get the dimensions of the 750 s frame. Or just give me you number and I will give you a call, your just up the road. Thanks Gum
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

i can give you the size of ss frame-should be close to sport
without forks or wheels
-length; 1490
height ; 730
width ;250
with forks and wheels
length; 2100
height;1000

cheers steve
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Tar

Post by Gum »

Thanks Steve, so the bare frame is,

without forks or wheels
-length; 1490
height ; 730
width ;250

Qantas has some dimensions that one has to adhere to, thanks Again, Lyndon PS, I may have to cut it in half.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Sorry

Post by Gum »

That is with the swing arm removed ???? Thanks Lyndon
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

seat loop extends further than swing arm so it makes no difference.
if your trying to import a bike as spare parts youll need a bigger crate than frame size
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Frame

Post by Gum »

No, just the frame as personal luggage and a few of the smaller 750 s items items. Thanks Lyndon
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

if you are bringing this thing back in pieces and bringing frame and others as luggage my advice would be bring all unobtainable parts with you.believe me there are certain parts you dont want to lose-they are impossible to replace
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

It`s true

Post by Lumpy »

Words of wisdom. I took a gear lever, linkages and shifter off my SS away to work with me to machine up some bushes and take the play out. Made the mistake of putting it in my check-in bag. The bag was lost.
Definition of frustration: Trying to explain the importance of the parts in the bag to an airline employee as they fill in yet another form and roll they`re eyes back at your agitated plea`s. To some people, motorcycles are just motorcycles, all created equal and all parts available at Kmart. Hard to beleive I know, but they`re out there, I`ve seen `em.
There is a happy ending though. They found the bag and the SS has full use of 5 gears again.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

all motorcycles are created equal-its just some are more equal than others
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Re: It`s true

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Lumpy wrote:Words of wisdom. I took a gear lever, linkages and shifter off my SS away to work with me to machine up some bushes and take the play out. Made the mistake of putting it in my check-in bag. The bag was lost.
Definition of frustration: Trying to explain the importance of the parts in the bag to an airline employee as they fill in yet another form and roll they`re eyes back at your agitated plea`s. To some people, motorcycles are just motorcycles, all created equal and all parts available at Kmart. Hard to beleive I know, but they`re out there, I`ve seen `em.
There is a happy ending though. They found the bag and the SS has full use of 5 gears again.

Speaking of loosing levers and linkages , when I sent my stuff out to get chromed some 600kms away and everything came back bar the levers and linkages and like you said mega frustrations set in instantly , it took them over 2 months to find out where they had got to but they did find them in the end , nowadays when I find a rare had to get part I just get it and store it

Bring what ever you have a store them , soon or later you will need it as Steve said some parts you just dont find anymore and who knows maybe years down the track you might want to restore another Duke and Murphy's Law says , you end up needing that part
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Lenght

Post by Gum »

Gday, I need the length of a sport, front to rear, so I know were it will fit when its on a center stand, I have 2400mm, thanks Gum.

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”