31.5mm springer forks?

If you need technical information or help with your bevel drive Ducati single cylinder engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
pitts12driver
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

31.5mm springer forks?

Post by pitts12driver »

I am rebuilding a very cool cafe racer project that I just imported from Europe. It appears to have a 175 frame, a 250 engine, and a smorgasbord of other Ducati parts. I've found sources to help me recondition most of the parts, or sources for new, but I'm having limited success finding anyone who knows much about the older forks.

If anyone has a great source for rebuilders, parts, or information, I'd appreciate it. Also, if there are any affordable swaps to a 35mm fork, I'd be interested in that as well.
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton »

There is a stripdown article by Vic Camps Mechanic Bert on one of the sites, If the slider is too worn internally they are scrap, mine are fine and work well despite looking rough. Parts will be slow to find.
Howard
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

31.5mm forks

Post by Howard »

Hi,
I stock fork tubes for most bevel models. UK based, so may not be a viable proposition if you are across the water - unless you can't find them anywhere else.
PM me if you need more info.
Howard

Return to “Single Cylinder Bevel Drive Engines > 250, 350 & 450”