Trying to make my 430 into an 860 again.

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
JD
Mariana

Post by JD »

At last! I have an 860 Ducati! Thanks for all the help! It ALL helped. I pulled the idle jet one last time and found a wire thinner than the thin wire I used before. I pulled the carb off and went fishing. I rodded the idle circuit out and blew some carb cleaner and then some shop air though both ends. It made a bit of a pop noise and out came some black crap. I blew through the jet and some more of it came out. Put it all back together and it fired up quite easily. I took it for a ride and what a difference! Still pops a bit, but the fine tuning wont be difficult. What a smooth ride, and huge power! Feels quite a bit more stout than my 850 Norton. When all else fails, keep it simple, stupid!! Cheers.
JD
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

well done-ride and enjoy until it dont go no more
Craig in France
Paso 906

Post by Craig in France »

JD wrote:At last! I have an 860 Ducati! <snip>
Well done JD!

To avoid this problem in the future, remember, if ever you need to leave the bike unused for more than a few weeks, empty the float bowls.

It's just the way with modern fuel, I'm afraid :(

Ciao

Craig
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

i agree
unfortunately with the reduced demand for leaded fuel,oil companies baled out,leaving us with the problem.damn multi-nationals

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”