Bigger carbs for 750 Sport?

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
wendell
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Bigger carbs for 750 Sport?

Post by wendell »

Does anyone have experience with carb upgrade for a 74 Sport? PHF32 to 36 or 40? Or is it best to leave it alone as original? Presumably, minor porting would be required on the intake in the heads.

Also, can you run them with stacks or better to use K&N for filtration?

Thanks
1974 Sport, 1978 LeMans, 1963 BSA, 1970 Daytona
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Unless your original carbs are worn out I wouldn't bother.With the value of Sports going up and up it's in your best intrest to keep it as original as possible. The performance difference is negligible. It may actually lose tractability in lower speed usage.
wendell
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by wendell »

Thanks - The 32s work fine and it's a street bike, no track. Also, about to undertake a resto, so I'll leave it alone.
1974 Sport, 1978 LeMans, 1963 BSA, 1970 Daytona
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

for originality leave em alone unless worn out. THat said, swapping out to 36 is NO BIG DEAL, just hang on to your original 32s for the next caretaker.

I like the spun aluminum MALOSSI trumpets I stock, I run them on my bikes, but the K&Ns are way better as filters....... I take off the top caps and spray off the slides, and wipe the inside of the carbie after each ride on my bikes with the malossi trumpets.....

it depends on how much or little maint you want to do.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
duck-a-tye
Mariana

Post by duck-a-tye »

My Sport is running real nice on 36s, and the original 32s aren't wearing at all on the shelf :-D

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”