Rare Marzocchi Fork Legs

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Rare Marzocchi Fork Legs

Post by cafe*racer »

can anyboby tell me what's wrong with this picture? (clue: has nothing to do with the optical illusion!)Image
duck-a-tye
Mariana

Post by duck-a-tye »

Looks like your short a couple of brake caliper mounting lugs.

Barry
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Indeed...something about unsprung weight and the cost/hassle of putting together duallies, I opted for single disk front. Couple minutes at the band saw, a bit more time on the lathe, and here we have the very rare Marzocchi fork tube without caliper lugs 8) Some more hand work, paint, original decals and we are good to go. What do you think?
duck-a-tye
Mariana

Post by duck-a-tye »

I usually want more brakes not less!

But if you're happy that's all that counts.

Barry

ps now that they are not there, make it look like they never were!

Cheers
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

now if you really want to make things happen, put on a full floating 300mm brembo rotor, a 4 piston caliper and modern master cylinder.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Yes thats true Steve, I guess I still have some nostalgia for using period parts where I can. It has taken me a long time to shake off all the years I worked on Blue Ribbon cars and did fine point judging for probably the most anal car club on earth. I remember one time, helping a friend with his show car and he actually made phone calls to determine if one particular through bolt show be installed with head facing east or west, when it could be put in either way. Was the guy working on the assembly line that day right or left handed? Who knows, who cares. This is my first bike and I am still very much making it up as I go along. Thank you for all the help and input. I'll have alot more pics to post along the way. Jordan

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”