monoposto seat? and heads

If you need technical information or help with your pantah based twin Ducati F1, F3, TT1, TT2, Santamontica, Montjuich, Laguna Seca, Al'azzurra, Pantah XL/TL etc engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Gomi

monoposto seat? and heads

Post by Gomi »

does anybody have an extra one for an 87 F1?
like the biposto one (probably less than my wife) but definitely want a monoposto one (probably more than my wife) 8)

any offer welcome.
Last edited by Gomi on Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Gomi , Where are you located? Airtech in California makes all the bodywork for F1s The glass is normally raceweight but they could probably make it thicker if you ask. The seat is pretty easy to fit just four mounting holes. A stock seat pad might be hard to find but closed cell foam is easy to get and cut.
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Gomi , Where are you located? Airtech in California makes all the bodywork for F1s The glass is normally raceweight but they could probably make it thicker if you ask. The seat is pretty easy to fit just four mounting holes. A stock seat pad might be hard to find but closed cell foam is easy to get and cut.
sbelcher
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by sbelcher »

Gomi,

A while ago, Gowanlock in Australia had these in stock. Don't be afraid of buying from them because they are a long way off, I have purchased from Ireland and found them really good. The Australian dollar exchange rate means they aren't too expensive generally....

Steve
Interested in TT / pantah parts and information
Gomi

Post by Gomi »

I'm in france.
I already shot an email to gowanloch, but they were out of monoposto seats at that time.
I also tried oldracingspareparts, in Italy, but nothing there :?

I'd prefer to find a stock one, as a fiberglass replica would force me to do the paintjob, look for a cushion, rear light, etc...

I'll find one... someday... eventually :lol:
sbelcher
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by sbelcher »

Gomi,

I visited the workshop of Roy Thersby a year or so ago to look at the TT replicas he made in the 80's and saw a 750F1 that he had broken for parts (including seat). You can get the e-mail address on his website at www.thersbygroup.freeserve.co.uk. I would give him a try if I were you...

Steve ;)
Gomi

Post by Gomi »

e-mail sent.

Thanks for the info, it is definitely worth the try ;)
sbelcher
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

F1 seat for sale

Post by sbelcher »

Gomi,

I guess you have seen this item on Ebay (2 available).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... mot_widget

it is an F1 dual seal complete with footrests, etc and i guess it may not be what you want (but perhaps your wife would like it!)

I rang Roy Thersby today, but think he is on holiday. I will keep trying for the single seat option. However, I have a feeling his seat is an early version with the wrong logo for your bike, but I will check as I am not 100% sure...

Steve
Gomi

Post by Gomi »

Thanks Steve,

Yes I saw these. But I already have a dual seat. However, as they are new, this may be a safe buy, for future...

I did not get any answer to me email from Mr Thersby, so I guess he's on vacations...

Thanks anyway for keep looking for me, that's very nice :!:

Gomi
Gomi

Post by Gomi »

Steve,

These might be good for you I guess...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ducati-F ... enameZWDVW
sbelcher
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by sbelcher »

Gomi,

Thanks for the tip - the bid has gone in and I wouldnt have spotted these without your lead. I didnt realise that Ebay Motor listings didnt appear on a general search on the Ebay main pages....

Also, I have tried to contact about the seat again bit can get no answer so maybe Roy is on Holiday. I will keep trying

Thanks again for your help so far.

Steve
Gomi

Post by Gomi »

Hey Steve,

Did you get the heads on eBay?
sbelcher
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by sbelcher »

Gomi,

I put in the first bid as the heads looked as they were the big valve versions, but later communications with the vendor confirmed they were actually 1985 build. He had them advertised as 1986, but this was year of registration meaning they were identical to the Alazzurra heads I already have. The vendor also gave me the valve diameters which was the final proof!

I bid to about what I thought the heads were worth, then stopped. If they had been big valve heads, I would have certainly kept going! It was interesting that they sold for about $550. I can pick up this spec of head in the Uk for about the same money without the postage issue... I would expect big valve heads to go for upwards of £350 ($700)!

Thanks for the lead!

Steve
sbelcher
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by sbelcher »

Gomi,

By the way, I expect yuo know about www.poly26.com for F1 seats - they are in France and offer a really nice looking endurance seat unit..... I know you had said you wanted to avoid painting, etc....

Steve
Gomi

Post by Gomi »

Yes I know poly26, they make great products, and if I can't find an original seat, I guess I'll give them a call.

But finding a good painter is a pain in the a** and I definitely don't want an approximate green with partially match the rest of the fairing... which btw would appropriately benefit from a repainting, and it never stops... :roll:

Return to “'Straight Head' Pantah Engines [rear exhaust faces forward] > F1, F3, Pantah, TL, XL, TT1, TT2, Al'Azzurra”