Pazon Smart Fire

If you need technical information or help with your roundcase Ducati 750 engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
jonduc74
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Pazon Smart Fire

Post by jonduc74 »

I have just fitted a Pazon Smart Fire ignition system on my 74 750 GT and strobe timed it to around the recommended 36 BTDC. Also retuned the carburetors for best tick over. My Question is when I first turn on the key and attempt to kick start my bike, there is a very vicious kick back from just touching the kick start leaver resulting in a grouching noise from the kick start spine, which I feel could eventually destroy the kick start spine. What can I do to stop this? I have tired 34 deg and the same thing happens.
Eldert
Parallel Twin

Post by Eldert »

how many RPMs was the engine running when you strobe timed it ?
did it reach full advance yet ?

Eldert
jonduc74
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

My Reply

Post by jonduc74 »

Hi
That’s interesting when I take it up to the peak that the Parzon ignition system states it at full advance, which from what I can make out from their manual is 3500 rpm at 36 BTDC, the strobe is reading below, and it is not till I take the motor up to 4000 rpm that it goes up by about a deg then comes back and stabilizes out at the reading of full advance?
Also could anyone tell me from their settings from one of these systems, was best for them if possible?
Eldert
Parallel Twin

Post by Eldert »

how about a phone call to Pazon ?
they recently moved from the UK to New Zealand

Regards Eldert

Return to “Roundcase Engines > 750 GT, 750 Sport & 750 Super Sport”