Monza / Scrambler Frame Remove Rear Brake Lever

If you need technical information or help with your bevel drive Ducati single cylinder engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
edf62869
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Monza / Scrambler Frame Remove Rear Brake Lever

Post by edf62869 »

HELP please...

I have taken my project bike apart and the frame is ready for sand blasting and powder coat...

BUT...I cant figure out how to get the rear brake foot lever to come lose...I have removed both pins and it's not coming free.

Any thoughts...suggestions?

Also, is there a way to post pics?

Thanks,

Eric
DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

This has been the biggest PITA on my 160 so far. Hate to say it... but I ended up cutting off the post the cable went on so I could spin the lever around and pull it off.

Otherwise you need to push the pin out of the middle of the lever. Good luck. I tried using a puller but was only marginally successfu. I tried a punch and a heavy hammer but didn't get much further. Both of these were done along with liberal doses of penetrating oil (REAL penetrating oil. NOT WD40) Never tried heat, probably would have helped to get the lever's boss cherry red???

I came pretty close to building a tool specifically for pushing the pin out of the lever, but decide since I had no plans of using the stock lever again anyway, I just cut the post. I plan on using the post when I build some rearsets anyway.

To post images you need to have the image hosted on the net somewhere (there are a lot of image hosting services, I have my own website so I use that) and then put the link between [ img ] tags.

It would look something like this, using square brackets instead of the curly ones:

{img}http://www.teamyikes.com/Resources/Prog ... 2.JPG{/img}

Replace the { and } with [ and ], and this is what you get:

EDIT: You sent me a link with pictures I think... I can'f ind it now though??? So you already have the pictures hosted somewhere, which is half the battle. Now If I could remember where that e-mail is...must be on a another computer...
DesmoDog
750 GT

Re: Monza / Scrambler Frame Remove Rear Brake Lever

Post by DesmoDog »

edf62869 wrote:Also, is there a way to post pics?
Further comments...

Steve has a primer here on how to post pics:
http://www.bevelheaven.com/~BB/phpBB2/v ... c.php?t=16

Also, I found the e-mail with the links to your pictures. I don't think Yahoo allows "hotlinking", which means you can't host them at yahoo and show them somewhere else. So if you try it and it doesn't work, that's why.

Return to “Single Cylinder Bevel Drive Engines > 250, 350 & 450”