labrynth hose to GT Carburettor

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
74Ducky
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

labrynth hose to GT Carburettor

Post by 74Ducky »

When fitting new Bevel Heaven mini-filters (and dispensing with those awful pancake air filters and elephant snorkel) where should I run the labrynth hose? Do I just run it out to the back of the rear fender ala 60's Triumph? What about that little flapper valve that was inside the original plastic filter housing? Is that needed to keep the crankcase air direction flowing properly?
Thanx for any advice.
DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

Here's what I did with mine. It's a K&N filter (one with a stud on top). mounted to a simple bracket which is then mounted to the bracket that used to hold the stock filter housing.

I was a little worried about mounting it upside down thinking if any oil got in it would run out of the filter instead of back down the hose, but so far it hasn't been a problem.
74Ducky
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by 74Ducky »

Desmo Dog-
Thank-you for taking the time to forward the photograph. That certainly is a tidy installation. Looks like a plan to me. I'll give it a try.
Regards
DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

74Ducky wrote:Desmo Dog-
Thank-you for taking the time to forward the photograph. That certainly is a tidy installation. Looks like a plan to me. I'll give it a try.
Regards
Noi problem, it was already on line so no big deal.

There are a lot more pics where that one came from...

http://www.teamyikes.com/RoundcaseHome.html

The "Gallery" link on that page has a lot of shots from throughout the project.

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”