750GT Rear hub

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Mikeyj
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

750GT Rear hub

Post by Mikeyj »

Hello all
I have recently inherited a 1974 750GT which belonged to my late brother. Problem is the rear hub is terminally cracked and I cannot source a replacement. I have tried all the usual UK people (Baines, Mdina, Brancato Eng etc) and have had no luck. Does anybody out there have one for sale or know of anywhere I might be able to pick one up?
Thanks
Den
Mach 3

Post by Den »

Although most any Asian rear wheel could be adapted using the proper spacers you probably want an original. They show up on eBay in the USA quite regularly. Try emailing Jean Allard [email protected] . He offers Ducati items on eBay all the time under the user name tiguiz . I think this fellow is in Canada.
Mikeyj
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Mikeyj »

Many thanks Den, I'll give this guy a try.
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Look for an 860 rear hub/brake assy I'm pretty sure they were the same on the 75 860 GT and they should be pretty easy to locate. I have one buried somewhere in my garage I'll try to find it this coming Sat. Mar 17
Mikeyj
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Mikeyj »

wdietz186
you are correct about the 860 rear hub being the same as the 750 (and 750S I think) but unfortunately there are just none out there. Believe me I have tried everywhere!! (including Australia, Holland and Italy). The story seems to be that not much on an 860 can be used on anything else (I believe the forks and wheels is about it) so the trend is to restore the complete bike and sell as a whole rather than break them. If you do have a hub that will fit, please can I have it ???? I,m getting a bit desperate now!

Mike
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Mikeyj wrote:you say "but unfortunately there are just none out there. Believe me I have tried everywhere!!" then follow up with "If you do have a hub that will fit, please can I have it ???? I,m getting a bit desperate now!"

Mike
I don;t know how you blokes deal with things like this across the pond, but over here, when you are begging something from someone you follow up with HOW MUCH MONEY WILL IT TAKE TO PRY IT OUT OF YOUR HANDS not "can I have it" :roll:

;) ;) ;) ;)
Last edited by BevHevSteve on Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Eldert
Parallel Twin

Post by Eldert »

Hi Mike
i have a rearhub laying around for a drumbrake twin
30 uk pound or 45 euro + shipping
i am in Holland

Regards Eldert

[email protected]
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Mikey, Looks like Eldert has you covered. The shipping from Holland has to be cheaper than from here in the US. If it falls through post again I'll sell you mine. Bill
Mikeyj
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Mikeyj »

Thanks for all the replies. I have sent eldert some piccies to make sure his hub looks like my hub (hopefully without the cracks!). Fingers crossed. I'll let you know how things end up.
Cheers

Return to “Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop”