Tuning a Darmah

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
peaky
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Tuning a Darmah

Post by peaky »

I have a 78 SD with stock carbs. The previous owner fitted K&N cones and a Conti replica exhaust. With this set-up, what should the jetting be at?

Thanks!
Den
Mach 3

Post by Den »

What is the jetting now? Needle, atomizer, mains, pilots, slide. And carb size (32mm or 40mm).
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

I have a totally stock 78 SD other than it is fitted with Conti's. So it currently has 32mm PHF's running through the stock air boxes and the cylinder size is original. I have run this with K & N's and Contis in the past. All jetting, needle positioning etc was the same - ie as per the SD 900 parts list available on Steve's site. I think I may have needed some very minor adjustment to idle & mixture screws to compensate for any different air flow characteristics (not something to be attempted without some knowledge or research into carb synching!!! - see elsewhere on this site), but that was all, and it seemed to run fine.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

jetting

Post by BevHevSteve »

I find that you *might* need to go 1 step richer main, and you MIGHT need to go a half step on the needle [raise] with a stock engine.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
peaky
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by peaky »

The bike is bone stock right now on the jetting and the settings. Has 32s but I might go to guzzi 38s or bmw 40s. It runs great (thanks to your fine balancing advice) but hey, I'm a 2 stroke guy so when pipes and filters get played with, I get concerned. Wanna see my holed piston ashtray collection? :roll:

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”