best way to remove center stand?

If you need technical information or help with your late dry clutch Ducati S2, MHR 900 or Mille engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
cooperplace
Mariana

best way to remove center stand?

Post by cooperplace »

the center stand of the S2 has had the curly bit that you put your foot on removed, so it's very hard to get up onto the stand. So I want to remove the stand and get a bit welded on.

Or maybe put a new stand on, if I can get one.

What's the best way to support the bike so that I can get the stand off?
cooperplace
Mariana

Re: best way to remove center stand?

Post by cooperplace »

and if anyone has a proper stand, ducati part 0803.12.100, that they'd consider selling, please let me know.
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Probably the easiest way would be one one those roll in front wheel chocks that grab the front wheel and hold the bike vertical. A swing arm stand would also do the job. Lacking either of those, a convenient wall and a brick on either side of the front or rear wheel[to prevent rolling] would do the job. You'll still be lying on your side on the ground to undo the bolts no matter the way you support the bike. That conquered, it's the spring that is going to be the pregnant dog.
cooperplace
Mariana

Post by cooperplace »

yeah, I've got one of the roll in front wheel things, I should have bought a better one because after tightening it up it was obvious that it wouldn't hold the bike up. I think I'll buy and Anderson stand.
rjk40
750 GT

Post by rjk40 »

Any hints on how to re-install the durned spring?

Not sure about the "pregnant dog" comment, but I can surmise that it means a challenge of sorts.

I'm putting the stand on after many years off; do I put the end of the spring on the loop in the stand first, then fight with the hole on the bottom of the swing arm, or vice versa? Looking for a technique that is the least difficult. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Richard Kovach
Malabar, Florida
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Get a bunch of coins. Bend the spring over and start stuffing coins in the gaps. Now ben the other way and repeat until the spring is stretched long enough. Or, pickup a spring pulling tool (cheap) i keep em in stock

https://store.bevelheaven.com/Tools/He ... ring-Hook/
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
rjk40
750 GT

Post by rjk40 »

Error correction. I had mistakenly thought that the spring went into a hole in the swing arm, but I found out where it really belongs, and that is a small metal loop on the frame, left side.

Still a good idea with the coins, and I shall try that. Thank you.

Return to “Squarecase Dry Clutch Engines > S2, MHR, 'Mille'”