Source for 750GT headset bearings

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Peter Tourin
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Source for 750GT headset bearings

Post by Peter Tourin »

I'm not having much luck locating headset bearings. I took the number from this forum - SKF-639174 - to our local bearings supply house and they say it's a bad number. I did an internet search and found another number - SKF-235321 - and my supplier says that this is also a bad number. Can anybody give me a good SKF number? Lacking that, a place that stocks the correct bearings?

Thanks - Peter Tourin
'73 Volvo 1800ES
'74 750GT
Geoff
Parallel Twin

Post by Geoff »

I bought SKF 639174 from http://www.ebatmus.com in late 2004, and then a further pair or english equivalents from Syd* in 2005 (the former were a lot cheaper, but they're hard to come by and I needed a second set urgently so what the heck).

The SKF number is correct, though they're metric bearings so not as common at your regular bearing shop. Indeed they're not common period as they appear to only do a run of them in batches and re-run when they're sold out! Right now they show up on ebatmus as available for $25 each. Syd sells the (clearly much superior) English ones for aobut $50 each.
Cheers
Geoff

*Syd’s Cycle Inc.
6600 Haines Road
St. Petersburg FL 33702
Phone/fax 727-522-3333
Peter Tourin
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Peter Tourin »

Thanks - I emailed Atmus to see if they have them in stock. My local shop couldn't even ID the number - told me it was bad. We'll see if Boston can do better....

Thanks again - Peter
'73 Volvo 1800ES
'74 750GT
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

steering bearings

Post by BevHevSteve »

I now have SKF bearings for steering heads in stock - these are very high quality. These are the same for ALL Ducati bevel, Pantah etc all belt drive SS and Monster...... Ducati didn;t ever change the spec. Anyways, I got em now in my shop.

http://www.shop.bevelheaven.com/detail.aspx?ID=615

Last edited by BevHevSteve on Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Rick F
Mach 3

Gt 750 Steering Head Bearings

Post by Rick F »

:-D
Hi, I am putting a 1978 model Gt 750 (we got some in Australia) back together & had no trouble getting the steering head bearings.
Both Road & Race and Gowanloch had them in stock, but, and this might be helpful for a lot of you Bevelheads, I sorced them far cheaper from the local bearing supplier. He said they were a standard Fiat wheel Bearing off the lazy axle/rear wheel Fiat Niki.

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”