side stand, footpegs and speedo arm questions

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
PJ3
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

side stand, footpegs and speedo arm questions

Post by PJ3 »

I just recently acquired a 1973 750GT that has been modified quite a bit so as I am trying to sort out some minor items and I am not sure what is stock or not so here goes:

1. The bike has springloaded rider footpegs that look just like those shown on page 103 of Ian Falloon's "Bible". Can anyone confirm if the original pegs were indeed spring loaded and if they know a source for replacement springs or entire footpeg assemblies?

2. The bike came with an uninstalled sidestand which I would like to install. The two bolts that hold the front or top of the sidestand frame are pretty easy to figure out but I am not sure about how best to attach the lug underneath that lines up with a large engine case bolt. On page 27 of the 750 spare parts catalog it shows only a nut (part # 91.070) suggesting there is a stud to mount the bottom lug to. There is no such lug on my bike so I am wondering if anyone has success in mounting a sidestand and how you handled that mounting point?

Thanks for any ideas or insight.

Peter
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: side stand, footpegs and speedo arm questions

Post by BevHevSteve »

Peter there is a shouldered stud used in place on that engine bolt when using a side stand. It might be in your box of spares. Shoot me an email Monday and I'll take a photo of what it looks like for you if someone doesn't beat me to it
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
PJ3
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: side stand, footpegs and speedo arm questions

Post by PJ3 »

Hi Steve:

Thanks for the info. I can now see the bolt shown on page 11 of the 750GT spare parts manual. It is shown as "033", an alternative to part "2635" which makes sense since it seems all the bikes did not have sidestands.

Any info. you have on this bolt/stud would be helpful. I checked all my spare parts from the rebuild of my bike and it is not there. I have a feeling the sidestand itself was obtained separately and this bolt was the missing link, and explains why it was not installed.

If you or anyone has any idea of where I might be able to buy this bolt, let me know. I suspect my only hope would be to find someone who is selling off used 750GT engine parts.

PJ3

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”