GTS Dash

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
rwhc80
750 GT

GTS Dash

Post by rwhc80 »

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can possibly help with a photo of the underside of an 860 GTS dash unit ? . Alternately, a good description may give me enough to go on, but I currently have just the metal top that mounts to the handlebars. Not sure if they have an underside/backing panel, but it has 2 small screw holes underneath, so maybe its just a metal plate or a piece of circuit board to hold the LED.s that screws up inside.

Any help much appeciated

Cheers
Rick.
I have desmo disease, I just hope they never find a cure !!!
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: 860 GTS Dash

Post by Craig in France »

Does this help, Rick? Are you missing part # 38? And the two small scew holes could be for the two screws, # 55?

Ciao

Craig
rwhc80
750 GT

Re: GTS Dash

Post by rwhc80 »

Thanks Craig,

Brilliant, exactly what I needed ! ........No, not missing part #38, it is part # 44 that I didnt have. As I suspected,it appears to be a piece of circuit board with the led's fitted that screws up into the back of the main cover plate #43.

Now, if I can locate someone who sells just that replacement part #44 I'm on my way. ( Dont need the City/Country horn )

You must have some excellent reference material Craig, cause I couldn't find a detailed photo like that.

Just to be a further pain, does the parts manual list the Ducati part number for #44

Thanks again Craig, you've been a huge help.
Kind regards
Rick
Craig in France
Paso 906

rwhc80 wrote:No, not missing part #38, it is part # 44 that I didn't have ...
Ah ha! Part # is 0799.38.215, if you have an Aprilia dash (which is the one in the scan above) ...

or 0799.38.216, if you have a CEV dash - which looks like this (I think the main difference is that there's no horn switch in the CEV dash):

rwhc80 wrote:You must have some excellent reference material ..
Both scans are from the 860/900 GTS parts book, Rick. (This time, I haven't cropped the header from the top of the page .. :) )

Ciao

Craig, always glad to be of assistance :vroom:
Craig in France
Paso 906

Close up of the CEV dash (a bit clearer) ...

rwhc80
750 GT

Post by rwhc80 »

Thanks Again Craig,

You have been a huge help ! ....... I think I actually have both types of dash. Definately have the Aprilia type with horn and another without. On your scanned page, both dashes have a toothed out key hole. My Aprilia dash has it. but my other dash does not. Maybe they changed slightly along the way .

Had a look over Steve's shop and can buy the Dash plate from him, but may have some fun locating the board that screws up underneath with the LED's.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know ?? ( already tried Mdina. Gowie's, ) Also sent an email to Italspares awaiting a reply. but not feeling hopeful.

Kind regards
Rick
Craig in France
Paso 906

rwhc80 wrote: If anyone has any ideas, please let me know ??
Well, Andy Nienhagen still has # 0799 38 215 listed ... :shock: :shock:

Go http://www.desmo.net/pr_liste.htm

... and type in the part # as written above, (i.e. using spaces instead of dots).

And then send Andy a message at [email protected] .... :-D . You never know your luck!

(His web site is http://www.desmo.net/)

P.s If Andy doesn't come thru, try Phil Hitchcock at Road and Race. He sometimes has weird and wonderful pieces that no-one else has ...
rwhc80
750 GT

Post by rwhc80 »

Wow,

I'm really glad to see the Vintage Ducati sellers are doing so well,!!!! ..... So well in fact they don't even need to respond to purchase queries from clients...... After a week, NO response from emails to Italspares, No response from Andy Neinhagen, No response from Phil Hitchcock ( Road & Race ) ...... Who said there was a G.F.C.

Hey Steve, I know you dont have them listed, but can you source the LED plates ???

Regards
Rick.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Hi Rick, I have the stickers both with and without the town/country hole and labels. I don;t have any other parts of this dash.. At one time I had found a dozen or so new old stock dashes but they were gone in a month....
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
rwhc80
750 GT

Post by rwhc80 »

Thanks Steve,

Appreciate your follow up. I will have a good look over your shop and see what else I need, as I might as well make the order worthwhile.

Finally got a reply from Andy in Germany and he has one LED plate left so I grabbed that while it was still there ! so a sticker plate from B.H. and I'm back on track. ( Even got a reply from Phil at R & R, but he couldn't help )

Thanks again to Craig & Steve

Cheers
Rick

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”