2 into 1 exhaust

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
joepagejr
Mariana

2 into 1 exhaust

Post by joepagejr »

Has anyone purchased 2 into 1s from Syd's Cycles? Price? Worth the investment? Overall experience? Etc....

Page 11 on the catalog - price is listed as TBA
http://sydscycles.files.wordpress.com/2 ... atalog.pdf

Joe
1975 Ducati 860 GT - 850589
2002 Ducati ST4s
abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Re: 2 into 1 exhaust

Post by abmartin »

I can't comment on the Syd's Cycles exhaust although from my dealings with them they seem to know what they are doing. They have raced bevel twins successfully. Photos I've seen of their comp bikes show them with both 2 into 1 and high level separate exhausts fitted. I would make sure you emphasize what you are using the bike for so you don't get something that will deafen you and everyone nearby.

I did fit a 2 into 1 on my 860GT and found it made the bike run better and start more easily. This was an exhaust I picked up in London many years ago. I have a Verlicchi 2 into 1 for my SS. It mostly makes the bike louder - a lot louder.

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada
joepagejr
Mariana

Post by joepagejr »

It was mostly for informational purposes. My brother has the dimensions to one that he's going to fabricate for me some time in the future. I was just wondering what the cost is mostly.
1975 Ducati 860 GT - 850589
2002 Ducati ST4s
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Contacting Syd's would probably result in an accurate price.
coloradodutch
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by coloradodutch »

I bought A NCR two into one from Gio.ca.moto 30yrs. ago. I have used it on and off. What I have found is its half the weight as the contis and has A better mid range. works best with 32or 36mm carbs.
The older I get the faster I was

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”