Whats this part

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Whats this part

Post by Gum »

Gday, does anyone know what this part is off, Im doing my 750s 1073. I cant be sure its off this bike as I have a few. Im pretty careful with what I do but. I did not pull all the bike apart, or anyway thats my excuse.

Thanks Gum

wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Without the ruler there it might have been a toilet seat. It sort of looks like it might be a bearing grease shield due to the flanges on the edges.
Or maybe it is off the speedo drive gear housing,it is about the right size.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Tar

Post by Gum »

That is what I thought, I thought maybe the headstem, I will check the front speedo area. Thanks Gum
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Maybe

Post by Gum »

Maybe its part of the engine internals, when I pulled the engine apart all the main bearings had collapsed, im thinking it may be part of that ??? Then I had it in the parts that I re zinked

Gum
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

No, the main bearings would[should] have bronze separators between the bearing balls.and any of the other bearing separators would have come out as convoluted little chunks.None of the internal bearings should have shields on them anyway.Is it possible the plater gave you something extra? I'd still look at the speedo drive housing.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

No

Post by Gum »

I did all my own rezinking, so its come from my stuff. I will have another look at the speedo area again to be sure.

Thanks Gum
Den
Mach 3

Post by Den »

Look in your 750GT parts manual. Find the rear wheel assembly. Look for reference 210. It looks like a bearing shield. That is the "old" way (read: cheap way) to shield a bearing. These days we use 2RS (two rubber shields) sealed bearings in the wheels. It's not used after one replaces the old bearings with new sealed wheel bearings.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Tar

Post by Gum »

That makes sense, as I fitted new bearings, thanks Gum

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”