Carby trumpet

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Wags
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Carby trumpet

Post by Wags »

Here's a question, why does the detail below mention choke size when selling trumpets? etc. Sorry I don't understand.

Malossi 45mm Trumpet - PHF
mal-45-phf

Malossi

These are genuine Malossi 45mm long, screw on style trumpets for Dellorto PHF carbs. These are spun aluminum velocity stacks with screens and they are polished. They screw onto your carbs and look VERY nice. Remember, PHF carbs are 30 - 36mm choke size and PHM are 38 - 41mm choke size.
Wags
Keep the rubber side down......Under!

860GT - ZX10R - track bike ZX9R - CBR929RR Erion - 2 GPX750R - Darmah - VTR250
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

because if you have PHF carbies, you would want to get trumpets that would screw onto those PHF carbies now wouldn't you?

PHF carbies have 48mm threads for trumpets and PHM carbies have 52mm threads for trumpets. Not everyone knows the difference between a PHF and a PHM carb.

So there are trumpets for PHF and there are different trumpets for PHM and so on.

And most importantly, I get tired of answering questions about what size would work on people's carbies, so I spell things out completely, so no matter what someone writes down in their notes or looks at on their carbie before they get to their computer to place an order or call me to place the order, they should be able to order or ask for the right stuff - the first time.

Does that clear it up?
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Wags
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Wags »

Sorry mate,
I was on another tangent! I was looking at getting some trumpets and read about chokes sizes etc- thinking cable/lever chokes (starting)- that choke not size of carby!
The Penny has dropped.
Wags
Keep the rubber side down......Under!

860GT - ZX10R - track bike ZX9R - CBR929RR Erion - 2 GPX750R - Darmah - VTR250

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”