PHF or PHM on 500SL Pantah

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
fightingpantah
Mariana

PHF or PHM on 500SL Pantah

Post by fightingpantah »

Hi Guys

Just new to Pantah's and trying to figure out if it has PHF or PHM Dellorto's before I buy some rebuild kits.

Is there an easy way to identify which ones are fitted - markings etc, or do they physically look very different.

Thanks in advance Guys

Shane in Aussie
Love italian automotive.

Living with a 1986 Alfa GTV6, a 1989 Alfa 75 TS, and a 1982 Ducati 500SL Pantah :-)
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Hi Shane, have a look at the upper SIDE of the carbie just below the top cap, there will be a raised bit with markings.

For example they could say "PHF36DD" or "PHF36DS" the first three letters saying that they are PHF carbs [30-36mm] the 2 digits are the actual size of those carbs in my example being 36mm and the 6th letter the D means it is a rubber mount type body, the last digit, 1 carb says D meaning DESTRO or RIGHT [the side where the adjusters are. On the other carb on my example the last digit is an S for SINESTRO or LEFT meaning the adjusters are on the left.

I would have to go look up in the books to see eactly what you should have on your bike but based on my example above I think you get the idea and can find the raised portion with the stamping and order kits based on the first 3 letters.
Last edited by BevHevSteve on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
fightingpantah
Mariana

Thanks Steve

Post by fightingpantah »

I will check it out, thanks for your help with this.

One set of books I have says it should be PHF and the other says PHM - hence the confusion.

I will let you know :-)

Catch ya

Shane
Love italian automotive.

Living with a 1986 Alfa GTV6, a 1989 Alfa 75 TS, and a 1982 Ducati 500SL Pantah :-)
BEVEL DAVE
Diana

Post by BEVEL DAVE »

Should be 36mm PHF's.

Kits are readily available.

Dave
fightingpantah
Mariana

PHF36 AD

Post by fightingpantah »

Checked them out (just got back from an few days imersed in Alfa's for the 100 year celebration :-)

The front one is PHF 36 AD so that means it is a solid not rubber mount.

Will get some ktis when I am ready to rebuild them.

Thanks for your help.

Catch ya

Shane
Love italian automotive.

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”