Chicago neophite

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
droopydawg
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Chicago neophite

Post by droopydawg »

I think I intro'd myself years ago, and only have a few messages to my credit, so I thought I would reintroduce myself and sort-a start over.
My name is Drew and I just moved to Chicago from Atlanta. I have been riding for 20+ years and a certified motorcycle tech and nut. Have owned and restored a multitude of machines in the past, all Japanese except for a BMWK100, '67 BSA 650, and a 66 Sears Sabre. I currently have a '07 Triumph Tiger, '86 Yamaha SRX6, '87 Yamaha SRX250, '64 Benelli 125 (in boxes) and a '67 Ducati 250 Monza spring valve (also in boxes)
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

alrighty then - time to get that monza back on the road doncha think? :-D
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
TDF
Mariana

Post by TDF »

What's a Sears Sabre? Little brother just fixed up a 1969 Sears 124 which was a Gilera. I'll get some good pics of it as soon as the snow melts and I can convince him to move it out of the den for some outside photos.

TDF
1966 Ducati 350 Sebring
1965 Ducati Bronco 125
1958 MDS Super Dart
2000 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport
2002 MV Agusta F4 750
Plus a whole herd of non-Italian motorcycles.
droopydawg
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by droopydawg »

Sears Sabre was made by Puch, along with a lot of other SEARS motorbikes from the late 50s to early 70s. That 124 was a Gilera.
Mine was a 50cc, 2stroke, 4speed/clutch transmission. About 45mph max.
I fixed it up and donated it to a private school for their yearly auction. The winner has put 1 mile on it and wife has 'encouraged' him to sell it. This link takes you to the site that still has it for sale in Atlanta. I bought it for $100 amd put $200 into it. 5th row down on the right hand side.
http://www.bradsbikes.net/current_offerings.aspx

Thanks for the welcome. Once the snow melts around here, and we actually get the house that we put an offer on last night, I will set up shop and get cracking on the little Monza.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”