1974 750 GT paint help.

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
limey4life
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

1974 750 GT paint help.

Post by limey4life »

Hi. I have a 74 750 GT. The bike has been in the barn for the last 17 years and is In need of paint and restoration. The bike has around 8300 miles on it. I have almost all the original parts but will replace rubber parts, hoses, cables ECT. My question is should I paint or powder coat the frame and the black parts. Thanks for the Guidance
DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

I had all the black stuff powder coated on mine. If it had been a serious restoration I'd have painted them but powdercoating was relatively cheap and easy, so I went with it.

You need to go with someone who knows what they're doing though. The coater needs to know what needs to be masked and has to leave the VIN legible. Take it somewhere familiar with motorcycles, not the guy who just bought a powdercoating kit from Eastwood...
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

.... And make sure they mask off the inside of the frame where the swing arm sits etc etc as Craig says. A Moto familiar shop is a requirement for this.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”