POR-15 Tank sealer, any experience with this product

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
seddy
Mariana

POR-15 Tank sealer, any experience with this product

Post by seddy »

I am thinking of using this product to save my fiberglass tank, the manufacturer thinks it will work, has anyone had any experience?.
Colin Linz
Diana

Post by Colin Linz »

Is it like the old Tank Cream that used to be marketed for repairing rusted tanks? If it is it may be OK, as it was designed for fuel resistance, it would just depend on how well it adheres to fibreglass.
Cheers
Colin Linz
seddy
Mariana

por tank sealer.

Post by seddy »

So far the experience is good, the stuff is easy to use and seems to have covered the inside of the tank well. I am just waiting the recomemnede time for it to set up, then I will test it out with gas, off the bike first.
Vince
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Post by Vince »

I think this is better than Creme,I had a bad expereance with Creme and
would not recommend it,I think Por comes in 3 bottles for steel tanks
first stripps the rust the second seals it and I cannot remember what the 3rd does,they seem to have put more thought into this product.
seddy
Mariana

follow up

Post by seddy »

the por stuff seems to be working great, no more stuck carbs, an dthe bubbling on the tank seems to have stabilized.
Colin Linz
Diana

Re: follow up

Post by Colin Linz »

seddy wrote:the por stuff seems to be working great, no more stuck carbs, an dthe bubbling on the tank seems to have stabilized.
That’s great to hear. I might need some myself if our nations illustrious leader has his way. He wants to include up to 5% ethanol in fuel without any labelling. He has been trying to get ethanol used more in fuel for a while now, as he has a mate who’s business processes it from sugar. This is in spite of what the car manufacturers are advising and stipulating in their warranty clauses, and what the motoring organisations are advising.
Cheers
Colin Linz
edwyun
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by edwyun »

i used por15 on a steel tank that had some dents pulled over 2 years ago. It worked great and no problems. Good to know it also works on fglass.
Ride safe,
Edward
900SS/FE (#231)
IBA #18798

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”