Rear Sets- Darmah

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
johnnyb
Mariana

Rear Sets- Darmah

Post by johnnyb »

Hello All.....I hope someone can help me out sourcing a set of rear sets for a Darmah. I have searched and found a post regarding the topic and Gowanloch's was mention however I called them on Friday and they only have universal sets which require some fabrication (cut existing pegs, weld bracket to foot rest stub, find linkages etc etc). Does anyone know of a brand of rear sets which make a set specifically for the Darmah's? Hopefully not a set which bolts to the ridiculously high brackets which are standard on the Darmah frame. I want to save some tinker time.

Cheers.
John in Sydney Australia

Darmah 900sd
900ss
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Hi John

The only rear sets that are specifically made for Darmah's were those for a SSD , You will not find any rear sets in shops any longer Ian him self may still have some amongst his parts

Than there are two sets made pre 80 and after, can post pictures of the 80 model for you if you like failing that come for a ride out to Wisemans and I'll show you what they look like on the bike

or get a set of these and mod them to suit , if you have a 78 frame it shouldn't be to hard to use them
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0374190308
johnnyb
Mariana

Post by johnnyb »

Hello Martin,

I thought it might be a big call finding a set which someone else has done all the hard work :-D It seems you can buy rear sets for all other bikes except the Darmah.

I might just take you up on the offer for a vist some day to get some ideas...sounds like you have some collection and have a wealth of knowledge about Ducati's.

Cheers

John
John in Sydney Australia

Darmah 900sd
900ss
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

johnnyb wrote:...sounds like you have some collection and have a wealth of knowledge about Ducati's.

Cheers

John
Hi John

Nah I just like my SSD's as it was the Bike I could not afford when I was a teen.........LOL years on and I now have two of them and a few other toys

I have had a few problems with my painter who just wont pull his finger out with painting the parts again as he F$#%^^D up the 1st time , I do want to bolt everything back on so that I can say I restored that one as no expense was spared on that one, the SS I shall start later this year mind you that is coming around much to fast for my liking

Need any parts other than the rear sets?

Cheers Marty
johnnyb
Mariana

Post by johnnyb »

Hello Martin,

Good luck getting the bike back together...it will be worth it in the end.

Dont need any parts at the moment however don't be surprised if I contact you if I do.

Thanks again....
John in Sydney Australia

Darmah 900sd
900ss
BEVEL DAVE
Diana

Post by BEVEL DAVE »

The original SSD brackets & pegs are still available.
Levers are not, but are not difficult to make or modify as set of repro ones.
This is exactly what I am doing to my Darmah.

PM me for details if you wish.

Dave.
sevicke
Mariana

why

Post by sevicke »

Ive never draged the standard pegs on my darmah.not like the four cylinders I used to ride. all the tyre gets used so must be going ok. so whats the point, with rear sets? and whats the story with that steering damper, its already like a ship?
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: why

Post by Craig in France »

sevicke wrote: <snip> ... and whats the story with that steering damper, its already like a ship?
When the Dramah came out, I can remember the UK bike press making a lot of noise about it being the first Ducati fitted with a steering damper, (conveniently forgetting that the singles had had a central friction-type damper - but that's the press for you ...)

But I agree it does seem a tad superfluous (not that many of them still work these days, anyway). So I asked Tony Brancato if he knew why it was fitted. His reply was that the test bikes had shown a tendency to shake their heads under heavy braking so Ducati mounted a damper as a precautionary measure.

It's worth remembering that Ducati put a lot of effort into getting the Dramah right - they had to, after the poor sales record of the GT, and in anticipation (as I understand it) of the phasing-out of the SS.

Ciao

Craig
johnnyb
Mariana

Re: why

Post by johnnyb »

sevicke wrote:Ive never draged the standard pegs on my darmah.not like the four cylinders I used to ride. all the tyre gets used so must be going ok. so whats the point, with rear sets? and whats the story with that steering damper, its already like a ship?
Since I have fitted clipons on the bike I need more leg room. Rear sets will sit back further giving me more room. I have already swung the orig. foot pegs as low as I can go but a bit more room will help.
John in Sydney Australia

Darmah 900sd
900ss

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”