New Australian Member

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Vince
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Post by Vince »

I was at the NSW Ducati Club concorse in Sydney on Sunday and for me the best bike there was an Alchemy,so I am standing next to it and a bloke comes up who I recognise but dont remember from where,we do the swop info thing and then I remember,he is a painter I worked with 3 or 4 years earlier,he used to rabit on about his Alchemy that was crashed but he was repairing it and buggar me we were standing next to it,I will give him a bell about this thread,he might post some pics,its a cracker
Alchemy
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Alchemy »

Hi Vince.

Was the Alchemy you saw a dark blue with twin headlight? If it is Phil Aynsley took some photos and posted on the bevel heads forum.
It sure looks good and a little like the picture of Spuds Bike that I posted earlier on this thread.

It seems that Alchemys are becoming recognised.

Brian
Current Bikes - VeeTwo Alchemy SV1 and Paul Smart Replica
Vince
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Post by Vince »

Sad but I cannot remember the colour,the only thing I can remember is it had a couple of small chromed instruments,looked like Smiths gauges,anyway i rang Danial and with luck he will post some pics.
paulh
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by paulh »

This is the original sales brochure that VEE TWO sent to me in early 1991.

Alchemy
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Alchemy »

Hi Paulh.

I was able to pick up a copy of the Alchemy sales brochure of Ebay earlier in the year.

Have you seen the RV-1 on Ebay at the moment, it has been in quite a few of the old magazines. The only other RV-1 that I have ever seen is a black one that was in Protwin in Perth for some work.

I am not sure what the difference is between a RV-1 and a SV-1, maybe there is a someone with the answer out there?

Brian.
paulh
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by paulh »

The RV-1 on ebay is the bike that was owned and raced by Phil Allen and Dean Duckmanton from Bike World in Adelaide. I saw it go around many times at Lakeside in Queensland in the early 90's. It was still being developed at that stage and I'm pretty sure it had a stroked 1000cc engine in it which is obviously not in it now. It is a much cleaner and tidier looking bike now.

The only difference between the RV-1 and SV-1 is the RV-1 chasis has the battery tray removed and one of the subframe downtubes curved to allow the 2 into 1 race exhaust system a path through under the seat.

Obviously the RV-1's bodywork is single seat and does mount differently at the rear. I would imagine that most of the RV-1's were built for the race track and therefore constructed from chromemoly instead of the TS23 seamless tubing, but this was the customer's choice regardless of whether ordreing an RV-1 or an SV-1.

Here are a couple of photos of the origional RV-1 taken at Lakeside which is the first time that the bike raced after returning from Daytona.

Macdesmo
750 GT

Post by Macdesmo »

I am fortunate to have Dean as a local resident and he does a bit of work on my Ducatis from time to time. If there is anything specific that you would like to know I can ask him. Phil is also in the district and can punt his 860 at indecent speeds through the corners.
Alchemy
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Alchemy »

Hi Macdesmo.

It's funny how the same names keep popping up. In the history of the Alchemy that I now own, the original builder Andrea Haas passed on quite a few receipts from Bike World for work that Dean did on the motor and gear box.

I assume that the photos of the RV-1 that Paulh posted contain Brooke Henry in the most up to date pit crew protective clothing. How things have changed.

Thanks Paulh for the info on the difference between the RV-1 and SV-1, I was wondering how they fitted the pipes through the middle.

Talk soon.

Brian.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”