Help!!!!!! lost side cover

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
mike75
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Help!!!!!! lost side cover

Post by mike75 »

On a beautiful Sunday ride, :-D my left side cover blew off, actually pulled the little rubber grommets out of the frame so far nowhere to be found :( anyway looking for a new tin one to replace it. If anyone has a left side (clutch side) one collecting dust for a 74-75 750GT I am looking to buy one.

Thanks
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

As I recall Syd's Cycles has a listing for the glass ones.Call 727-522 -3333 ask for Malcome.He might be able to source an original but don't get your hopes up. Steve on this site sells the grommets so the other doesn't take flight.
mike75
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by mike75 »

I had three brand new grommets in it. I think at some point the previous owner (dad) bent the tabs in or changed the hole size in the frame to use a different grommet. so these didn't have much grip. Anyway after doing some community service (weed wacking all the drainage ditches) last night I found the original cover, unfortunately it looks like someone found it first with their car. I think it can be fixed but will have to be re-painted. I did order some dzus 1/4 turn hardware last night and am going to try to make that work on the glass set I have, and keep the steel ones on a shelf.

Thanks
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Mike , your about a week to later there was one at Fleebay it sold for US$30 or something like that , it was in good nick as well

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”