solid 900 ss exhaust nuts

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
budgie955
Mariana

Post by budgie955 »

Hi All
Stripping down my newly acquired 900ss for restoration, i am held up by the solid exhaust nuts. I bought the proper spanner & it broke! - even using a bit of heat on the head. The nuts themselves are perfect so i dont want to destroy them by using a massive monkey wrench. My other thought was to get an old nut, get a couple of bars welded each side & slide it on using the fins on the old nut slotted into the ones in the head & use that as a spanner, except the balance pipe is solid on the down pipes!
Any suggestions gratefully received or anyone out there willing to part with an old exhaust nut so i can try it as a spanner - i will willingly refund the postage.
Thanks in advance

Dave Burn
Craig in France
Paso 906

Exhaust nuts

Post by Craig in France »

Hi Dave

Don't quite understand ...

You say you BROKE a proper spanner ...? For real?! Surely not ... the exhaust nuts are plated brass, the proper spanner is quality steel.

Does your spanner look like this? http://www.mdinaitalia.co.uk/tools.html? If not, you ain't go the real thing.

I can't see how your idea of using an old nut could be better ...

HTH

Craig in UK
budgie955
Mariana

Post by budgie955 »

Hi Graig
The spanner was the alloy type, not up to the job. rather than risk any damage i have taken the bike up Paul at DTS at wakefield ( a few miles from my place) so i will be back in business soon. thanks for the post.

Dave
Craig in France
Paso 906

Solid nuts

Post by Craig in France »

Ah, smart move, Dave - Paul K. certainly knows his stuff :)

Ciao

Craig in UK

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”