Mainshaft / Layshaft

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
sd900
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Mainshaft / Layshaft

Post by sd900 »

Hi all, I believe I have the transmission right, but wanted to know if there's any procedure or test to make sure I do before I put the cases back together? I'm assuming there's only one way the shifter hub goes back in place with the shifter forks in the the right grooves, but maybe I've been wrong before. A couple of pics attached. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
s
rsz_tran_1.jpg
rsz_tran_2.jpg
rsz_tran_3.jpg
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Re: Mainshaft / Layshaft

Post by wdietz186 »

Leave the crank out,kickstart stuff too, and put the cases together and spin the shafts while moving the selector drum and watch through the cyl. holes to see the gears engage. Endless hours of fun! It all looks OK in the pictures. A good time to check the endfloats too.
sd900
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by sd900 »

Hours of fun, indeed. Thanks for the reply. If I don't have it right, is it a question of repositioning the shifter hub? I haven't removed any cogs off the shafts, etc., so I'm fairly certain they're ok. Thanks again.
Cheers,
s
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

If the forks are in the wrong positions it won't shift through all the gears.From what I can make out in the pics you've got it right.

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”