gas level?

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
roadie
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

gas level?

Post by roadie »

Okay, silly question time.
How do you guys know when you are starting to run low? I don't a gas light or resettable trip meter on my 900ss. Just wait till it starts to sputter?
All my other bikes have always had a gas warning light or trip meter so I'm at a loss.
Thanks!
Roadie
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: gas level?

Post by Craig in France »

Trip meter, me :) . I do know people who run until the bike goes on to reserve; but I've always thought that was too risky (especially round here where there ain't a gas station every 10 miles ... :( )

Without a trip, I guess you could simply record the main mileage when you fill, add 100 (or whatever) ... and then remember not to forget :doh:
roadie
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: gas level?

Post by roadie »

Thanks Craig, that's what I've been doing but would much prefer a trip meter that I can re set at each fill up. I'll plan for a change soon.
Now that it si colder here my 900ss has been rather reluctant to start and backfires for a while till warmed up. Got some work to do.

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”