Rebuilding 1978 900SS in Darwin

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
ozzie_duke
Mariana

Rebuilding 1978 900SS in Darwin

Post by ozzie_duke »

Hi

I havent posted for a while so hi to everyone. I have just about "finished" rebuilding my 1978 900SS and hope to bolt on the repainted tank, fairing, side covers etc when I get back from holidays in June. The old girl has been on the road with club rego for the past year and still goes like the clappers - nothings changed - but was looking a bit sad! I have had some help from members so thanks to all who helped out so far. I want to keep it as original as possible. I still need a few original parts so if you can help out let me know:

Front and rear indicators (took them off when new and lost them!
Rear shocks need replacing not sure what to use
Instrument light bezels ( I have had to use non standards to get it on the road.
I need to have both wheels re-painted really - anybody suggest how to get this done - or how to do it myself ie paint codes etc
Tacho and speedo arent working - cables and speedo drive are new - maybe the gauges need work? Who can do this work? A method of checking them?
Centre stand lift tab broke off - probably need a new stand.

Any help would be most apreciated.

Cheers

John
ozzie_duke in Darwin Australia
Rebuilding my 1978 Duke 900SS - on the road now
Also 1976 T140E Triumph Bonnie
email:[email protected]
Steve Foster
Parallel Twin

Re: Rebuilding 1978 900SS in Darwin

Post by Steve Foster »

Hi John
Tacho and speedo arent working - cables and speedo drive are new - maybe the gauges need work? Who can do this work?
A couple of years ago I got Lionel Otto Instruments http://www.ottoinstruments.com.au/ to refurbish and calibrate my speedo and tacho and they came back looking like new and working better than new. They replaced the bezels and perishable bits and repainted the faded red needle tips in exactly the correct colour. However, unlike yours they were working went I sent them. There was a bit of a wait for the work to be done as they had a backlog of jobs so I'd recommend asking what the estimated turnaround time would be if you are thinking of using them and time is a factor.
Steve.
1974 Ducati 750 GT
ozzie_duke
Mariana

Post by ozzie_duke »

HI Steve

Thanks for your reply and info - I will certainly check them out.

cheers

John
rwhc80
750 GT

Post by rwhc80 »

G'day John,

Just wondering if you're aware that Bevel Rubber in Melbourne does most of what you need ???

You might want to give Damien a call or an email, but I know he can rebuild your original shocks, supply the Instrument light Bezels, he also does Instrument repairs, IE: speedo /Tacho and would probably even repair your stand if you asked.

Can't guarantee he would want to paint your wheels though !!

Don't mean to sound like I'm blowing someones trumpet, but easier to send the stuff to one place than many !!

Good luck with the resto !
Rick
I have desmo disease, I just hope they never find a cure !!!
ozzie_duke
Mariana

Post by ozzie_duke »

Thanks rick will give him a call when i get back cheers john

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”