Mufflers and jets

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
equinox
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Mufflers and jets

Post by equinox »

I just tok over an '80 SD and am fixing this and that. The previous owner fiddled quite a bit with the carb jets, so I am looking at this. The mufflers are original types, but are essentially straight pipes; there are no major baffles, just a lot of little bumps inside. Is this the way they came? I like the sound but am suspicious it is not factory. If major baffles have been removed, it would throw the jetting off. So hey, folks, are your mufflers like this? If not, did you re-jet and how?
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

jetts...........

Post by BevHevSteve »

please look at the mufflers on the outside.. is there a logo or some part numbers or anything stamped?

:arrow: It would also be best to post some photos, as most of the muffler brands can be disinguished by those in the know just by looking as well.

Once this is determined, then we can tackle your jetting delima
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
equinox
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Mufflers and jets

Post by equinox »

I must not have said that I believed these mufflers to be stock. They say on them, "Conti Pescara, Ducati 0755-84-105-"

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”