Darmah Brake Calipers

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Elliot
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Darmah Brake Calipers

Post by Elliot »

Can anybody elaborate on the original caliper type fitted to a 78 Darmah? I have looked in all my books but cannot any info.
Owner of two 78 Dramahs as I can't afford a 900SS or a Greenframe!
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: Darmah Brake Calipers

Post by Craig in France »

Elliot wrote:Can anybody elaborate on the original caliper type fitted to a 78 Darmah? I have looked in all my books but cannot any info.
No more complicated that 3x Brembo P2 FO8 - and still available new today (see Steve's shop, for example)*. But note: if you've got Ceriani forks**, the front 2 will have threaded mounting holes.

* Originally came with twin bleed screws. Modern ones - such as Steve sells - are single bleed.

* The forks were changed to Marzocchis in 1978 and, in contrast to the Cerianis, the calipers bolt into the Marzocchis. So it will depend on whether your 1978 is a '77 model registered in '78. All shown in Falloon's 860, 900 Mille Bible, btw.

Ciao

Craig
Elliot
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Darmah Brake Calipers

Post by Elliot »

Thanks Craig very helpful. It all becomes clear!
Owner of two 78 Dramahs as I can't afford a 900SS or a Greenframe!

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”