SD900 Starter Sprocket

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
ducksandhogs
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

SD900 Starter Sprocket

Post by ducksandhogs »

The Darmah motor I have came with no Electric leg bits, but I would now like to retro-fit one. The parts manuals refer to the starter motor sprocket as being, I believe,11 tooth yet the only replacement sprocket I've seen advertised is 15 tooth and for a GTS.But the parts manual for a GTS also refers to 11T? Can anyone enlighten please if a 15T gearing will cope with a Darmah set-up, or am I reading the whole 11 thing wrong?
cheers
Mike
mgh1955
Mariana

Re: SD900 Starter Sprocket

Post by mgh1955 »

Mike,

Sprocket on the SD starter motor shaft is 11 tooth.

Mick
ducksandhogs
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by ducksandhogs »

Thanks for confirming that, but as I've not seen any 11T advertised, does anyone know or would like to guess how the Marrelli starter motor would cope with a 15 T sprocket? I have no experience with electric leg (Bevel)Ducatis.
Cheers
radecal
Parallel Twin

Post by radecal »

G'day mate,
Where are you? Ian Gowanloch here in Oz would most likely have all the bits you need.
I have his contacts so give me a yell.
Regards,
RAD
ducadini
860 GT / GTS

Post by ducadini »

If it's a 11 t SPROCKET , let me know, just found one floating around in a basket with rubbish and I don't like "electric" legs.

I think the 15 t is the GEAR that is on the shaft of the 860.

cu
ducadini
Nego i ricordi peggiori
Richiamo i migliori pensieri
ducksandhogs
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by ducksandhogs »

Thanks ducadini/radecal. I also posted a request in the 'wanted classified' section of this forum, and received some good info on a NOS sprocket/chain that became available on ebay, which I subsequently bid on and aquired.
Great work Forum peop's, thanks.
Mike

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”