Bearings on lower bevel housing

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
AndyBig
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Bearings on lower bevel housing

Post by AndyBig »

Hi Can anyone tell me the number on the side of the bearings in the lower bevel housing please, the number on the ones I have just taken out are'nt very clear, its something like skf 7203A i've done a search for this and come up with a 7203bep? if anyone could help that would be great.
Cheers Big Andy
Big Andy
Craig in France
Paso 906

Post by Craig in France »

I s'pose you mean these two, Andy?

Unfortunately, I can't confirm/deny your numbers. But, assuming you're reading the code right, FWIW:

The Good News:
The SKF code 7203 matches the size given in the parts book - 17x40x12.

The Not So Good News
The '72' means they're angular contact bearings and the 'A' means the contact angle is 30°.

Go http://www.skf.com/files/151315.pdf

Unfortunately, Simply Bearings (for example) don't list the 'A' bearing; just the 'B' which has a 40° contact angle. And I can't find any direct reference on SKF's own site, either.

And I can't see any listing for these in either Steve's shop or at Mdina. However, Andy Nienhagen does list them, under the Ducrappi part number: 75380 1747. Price is €46.50. But it might be worth giving Andy Jones at Mdina a call anyways ...?

Anyways, HTH.

Craig
AndyBig
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by AndyBig »

Many thanks Craig will chase your leads up.
Thanks again Andy
Big Andy
Chris Bushell
Parallel Twin

Post by Chris Bushell »

Andy,

| managed to get these bearings for my 750 from my local supplier Appolo bearings of Crawley 01293-539539 ask for Barry and mention my name.

Chris
AndyBig
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by AndyBig »

At last the search is over and I can tell you all the Number for the bottom bevel housing bearings being supplied is 7203BEP, bought them locally for £25.00 for two.
I'd like to thank Andy Jones at Mdina for being such a great guy, guys like Andy are a invaluable source of information for us who no nothing and are just starting in the Ducati bevel world.
Many thanks again Andy and thanks to everyone who passed on there info
Big Andy
Big Andy
DUCKGRUNTER
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Bearings on lower bevel housing

Post by DUCKGRUNTER »

http://www.vxb.com any one else who needs bearing this is a great source type in any part number or size and most will come up. Nachi is a good Jap brand.
7203 comes up...
1966 Norton
1980 Darmah
1981 CX100 Dressed up like LM1
2000 KDX220
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2008 GT1000

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”